The organisers papers and panel proposals on the following themes:
• Cities in emerging economies
• The impact of the GFC on Global Cities in the global north or south
• The Arab Spring and new geographies of resistance
• History and the Global City
• Planet of Slums, urban migration and unevenness
• Modern day slavery and the shadow economy
• The Occupy Movement and new imaginaries of resistance
• The role of art, literature, and popular culture in defining Global Cities.
» Conference announcement
» Conference poster
Submission of proposals
Proposals for papers and panels should be submitted to the convenors by 25 April 2013. Proposals should include a short absttract (up to 300 words) and a brief biography of the authors and presenters.
Dr Shameem Black, e: email@example.com
Dr April Biccum e: firstname.lastname@example.org